Friday, April 17, 2015

Orange trifle so simple so yummy

I like making trifles---they are so very easy and adaptable----but one of my best ones has got to be the Orange trifle-----

make a yellow batter boxed cake----you could use a pound cake you buy but I don't think it would be quite as good---
make two boxes of instant vanilla pudding mix--
you will need two containers of cool whip or your own whipped cream-
one large can of mandarin orange slices---keep the juice!


cube your cake---layering cake-then some of the orange juices---pudding--cool whip and so on---topping with the orange slices----it is addicting


if you don't have a trifle dish---you could use a pretty glass dish or bowl---but then go get a trifle dish--they aren't expensive and they can also make a lovely way to display your salads-

I served this once at a tea and it was easily the win of the day!

14 comments:

  1. Looks good and you could use any fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could- now I'm thinking blackberry:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious, but it isn't something I've ever eaten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trifles were a favorite when we lived in Ireland and brought it with us when we moved back to California! I have not made one in a year, and it is time to put one together.

    Blackberry? Hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I need to make one soon too - but on second thought I might make my grandmothers blackberry cobbler with lemon sauce :)

      Delete
  5. Oh really-yeah I also make a strawberry one-and a tiramisu :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never made a trifle, but I LOVE making cakes with pudding to keep them moist, so I'm going to have to try this recipe.

    - Allison
    www.allisonwrites.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I too like to add puddings to a boxed cake or sometimes I add sour cream :)

      Delete
  7. It does look delicious and relatively easy to put together :) I can see why it would be a hit at a gathering :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Betty -yep so easy -frank read this and wants to know why I haven't made it in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I would absolutely love this! Will save. Thanks. A to Z

    ReplyDelete